Miyerkules, Marso 19, 2014

ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD

I remember when I was a kid, I would sneak the flashlight in my room and continue reading even after my mom scolded me. When I saw this film, I remembered those times when I would just stay in my room and re-read all of my books for a couple of times. My love for books started at an early age, and I could relate to the main protagonist of the movie. I used to dream about building a personal library and filling it with plenty of books. I wanted do do nothing more than to read and read and read. For the main character, reading was his paradise, books are his life. And when he stumbled upon a ruined library after the great earthquake (where he was the sole survivor), he was so happy to have found so much treasure. Everything will  be okay as long as he have plenty of books to read. But when his glasses got broken, it's like his whole world shattered into millions of pieces. In the end, he was alone and scared. He will never be able to read books again because there is no one who will help him get a new pair of glasses because he is the only living human being left. 
Imagine being left alone for the rest of your life!
All in all, I slightly enjoyed the movie. But I sure don't want to end up like that man. I wouldn't trade the pleasure of being with fellow human beings for all the books in the world if it means that I have to be alone for the rest of my life.

Kay Noreene P. Dula
2013-68905

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento