Miyerkules, Enero 15, 2014

Reaction Paper on A Trip to the Moon

2013-14349
Rivera, Monica Tricia

If I watched this film during its first screening in 1902, I would be very amazed. This is mainly for two reasons: the visuals and the storyline. First of all, the film was very aesthetically appealing. The graphics are very artistic and creative, especially when the rocket landed on the eye of the moon. I also loved how the film was able to portray the story mainly through visuals, because there was no dialogue.

Second of all, a story about people going to the moon would be very mind-blowing for the people who lived in 1902, considering that the first successful trip to the moon was dated almost 70 years later. It is such a creative yet unbelievable story that it can be likened to a fantasy.

However, as a person from the 21st century, I was not as impressed when I saw the film. This is because the films today have much more advanced graphics, and because a story about going to the moon just isn't fresh anymore. Though when I contextualized the film to the time it was made, I realized that the film is a very beautiful Science Fiction and definitely a milestone for the world of Film.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento