Lunes, Disyembre 9, 2013

THE FLY by Kurt Neumann

"The Fly" is a sci-fi movie wherein a scientist named Andre was found dead in a hydraulic press. His wife Helene confesses for the murder but refuses to tell any motive. Francois - Andre's brother - lied about catching the white-headed fly Helene was so obsessed about; her flashback told the whole story.
In the beginning, I did not fully understand the story and I could not make sense of Helene confessing to the murder of her own husband. However, as the story progresses and comes to the point of her flashback, I began to understand it. I like how the concept of the teleporter - Andre called it 'disintegrator-integrator' - was on a film that seems so old. The scientific topics were explained in the movie as if it is actually possible. I like how the ideas came together to form the device.
The traits of a scientist were exhibited by Andre, especially curiosity and taking a step further and deeper. He tested inanimate objects, then a cat and a guinea pig, then himself. The failure in his experiment was really scary: being fused with a fly.
Some of my classmates screamed when they saw the head of the fly on Andre's body and I was surprised, too. I wasn't expecting that. I LOVED that part.
The ending on covering up the truth instead of using it in the court was great. It's what mostly happens in real life - the truth is kept secret for the avoidance of unwanted disasters and commotions. Only fools curious enough obtains the truth, but also has dangerous consequences. I'm not certain on what I feel on the movie as a whole. Suffice it to say that I don't feel like I wasted an hour and a half of my time. In other words, I enjoyed it. :)

Reyes, Paollo Deo R.
2013-66992 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento