Huwebes, Marso 20, 2014

Futurama

I've never watched full episodes of Futurama, I've only seen commercials and flipped through it when it's on TV. I don't think I ever would have watched it if it weren't for STS because I always thought it was kind of shallow and I thought it was just set in the future and that there was no backstory to the main characters.

From seeing the first episode, I realized I was wrong to judge it immediately without even trying to watch it. The cartoon was set at the turn of the millenium and Fry, the main character, while delivering pizza from a prank call to a Cryogenics facility, accidentally froze himself for 1000 years (it is of course assumed that the viewer suspends disbelief and accepts that the cryogenics facility does last until 2999). The time lapse shown in the window was interesting to me because it showed what would be quite accurate for societies for the passage of a hundred decades. It showed societies rising and falling, new societies, and new technologies. It also showed that time travel was possible, but only forward, and it was not technically travelling, but just prolonging life enough to reach the year that one desires to "travel" to.

I think that Futurama is a fun cartoon to watch, much like The Simpsons, and I would not flip through it the next time it's on TV.

Lizabeth Ann Franco
200929329

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento