Miyerkules, Marso 19, 2014

IMELDA

As the first lady, Imelda Marcos was supposed to be the embodiment of what true Filipina beauty and values are. At least, that's what I personally think. But history told us a different story. A story of how this woman lived her life and used her wealth, power and beauty to gain what she wanted. I see the young Imelda as a narcissistic, fashion obsessed woman who just don't know how to spend money wisely. Her nickname "steel butterfly" suits her well. After watching that film, I now see Imelda in different shades. Indeed, she has done rotten things like spending the national funds for her materialistic desires, but she has also done good things for our country. If only she changed her lavish lifestyle and narcissistic attitude, she would have been an almost perfect embodiment of what Filipina beauty is. But then again, she chose to be like that.
I enjoyed watching the film and it was pretty informative in a way. It made me see a different side and story to what history books told me.

Kay Noreene P. Dula
2013-68905

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento