Miyerkules, Marso 19, 2014

The Music of Science

Music has always been my passion ever since the age of three, singing along with songs. But today, I am mainly interested in and listening to orchestral music, movie soundtrack, and of course my favourite band ever, Queen. So when Sir started to play Queen's Flash in class, I just fangirled, hard. That has been one of my favourite Queen songs, telling about Flash Gordon. I also enjoyed the rest of the lecture because I have recognised many of the music played as well as the artists, or composers. The Planet by Gustav Holt was used in BBC Sherlock's The Great Game episode, so i instantly recognised it. Movie soundtracks like the Star Wars and Star Trek were also examples of Science and Music.

I also liked the songs telling about their envisioned space exploration. I remembered yet another Queen song that is very very related and in tune to this topic. The song '39 in the album A Night at the Opera tells the story of space explorers who found Earth to be very different from the one they've just left behind. When they came back to earth, what feels like a few years for them, but in Earth, it has been decades or even hundreds of years.

Evidently, Music and Science has influenced one another. Composers have been inspired by science, creating a whole lot of music dedicated to science and its wonders. Also Music has influenced Science by making it appealing and relevant to people, because music is a great avenue to capture peoples' hearts and mind, so music has helped science a lot by having a science theme in music.

Aleczandra S. De La Paz
2013-70869

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento