Huwebes, Marso 20, 2014

Time Enough at Last

I am not familiar with the setting of the episode of Twilight Zone and what society was like at the time, but I found it quite strange that the main character, Henry Bemis, was being bullied by his own wife into stopping reading. I did not understand what the big deal was for her, and I felt sad for Henry. He seemed like such a mild-mannered man who was deprived of his passion: reading.

After the explosion, Henry was alone and was at a loss of what to do. He was so confused, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to live. I would have felt the same thing if I were him. Not knowing what to do and not having anything to do would probably drive anyone to think of suicide. When he stumbled upon the books, I felt his sense of relief. His joy was evident that he had all the books he wanted, and all the time he needed. But his happiness was shortlived as he broke his glasses, rendering all the time and all the books useless to him.

If I were to write the ending to this story, I would have wanted it to end right before his glasses broke. I think that his fate is much worse than death in the ending shown in the episode, it was just torture. I liked his character, and I see no reason or point for him to have a sad ending. However, that's coming from me, and personally I never like sad endings.

Lizabeth Ann Franco
200929329

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento